Sunday, September 6, 2015

Internship Diaries #16


Shaveta Banda
Webenza India Private Limited

Summer internship provides us an opportunity to get the gist of how is it like to work in a particular domain of the industry. Having tremendous inclination towards digital marketing, I consider myself lucky on getting an opportunity to work with a digital marketing agency, as part of my summer internship. I wanted to have an understanding of different roles under the umbrella of digital marketing. An opportunity to work with Webenza India Limited was what was needed to placate my straying mind.

I was selected as digital marketing intern, Webenza gave me an opportunity to work on various accounts for all the departments. I started off with social media marketing, learnt various aspects on major social media platforms. I contributed in terms of planning social media campaigns for various renowned brands and also gave my best shot in execution of those campaigns. I also learnt about external seeding and how is it an important element of online marketing to spread the word across various channels.

I also got a chance to develop content for various clients. It helped me in understanding the notion of creative and content and the necessary resonance between the two. I was also involved in Keyword Research and Influencer's Research, as Influencer outreach’s importance is increasing with emergence of Influence Marketing.

While working on online research and social media quotient I learnt how to compare one brand with respect to other competitors and how to assess the strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competitors. The most interesting part was to track social media background trails left by individuals and brands. After analyzing I used to prepare a SMQ analysis report by summarizing online behavioral traits of brands/individuals. To reduce business disruption by preventing damage to the brand, the companies are opting for social profiling reports these days. I got an opportunity to prepare social profiling reports for various clients.

Client pitching is a crucial aspect of any business. As part of my internship, I also learnt about business development as how to convince client to invest in digital marketing and the approach one should follow while preparing a digital marketing strategy for a brand. I also got wind of how to understand client’s requirement and come up with appropriate suggestions.

Webenza also works in the domain of web development so I  also got an opportunity to work in the domain of Quality Assurance, to ensure the deliverables were of superior quality and fulfilled the client’s requirement. My work was to ensure no gap between the client's requirements and the final deliverables.

Altogether, it was really enriching experience as I got to work on various verticals like social media marketing, content development, quality assurance, business development and web analytics. All I was expecting from my internship was to get a clear picture of what working in a digital marketing agency is like and Webenza stood true to its promise.

Apart from all the learning, I would also like to mention about its fabulous culture. Interns are treated at par with permanent employees. It’s not just about work, we used to have a Cricket, Badminton and Football day every week. My time at Webenza was full of fun-filled trips and celebrations. I made lifelong friends and worked with the coolest CEO ever. It is definitely an experience to cherish for a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment